Clerics must pick an alignment. Law is the One True Church, which supports the High King. Neutral is one or more pagan gods, nature spirits, or ancestors, still common among common people. Chaos is a forbidden cult or demon worship.
Healing someone with no alignment works the same as healing someone one alignment step away. Simplifying spells. Critical successes and failures will still be special but I want to reduce charts.
Luck bonus applies to Defense rolls instead of a weapon. Lots of house rules for combat.
Instead of picking an alignment, pick a Path and get bonuses accordingly.
Simplifying spells. Critical successes and failures will still be special but I want to reduce charts.
Flavor: "Halfling" is a mortal term for any number of small, unassuming fae. Could even be a goblin.
Flavor: If dwarves were ever fae, they left those realms ages ago.
Simplifying spells. Flavor-wise, elves are fae creatures with unique supernatural traits.
- Horns-antlers or spiral, and small tail
- Always wears an elaborate hat, must have it to cast spells
- Plants grow from hair and beard, and from blood spilled on ground
- Skin is covered in markings like tattoos
- Eyes are starry fields with no pupils
- Wild red hair, glowing eyes
- Rough, dark skin, heavy footsteps
- Flowing hair, doesn't touch ground when running
- Hair always wet, excellent swimmer
- Dresses very old-fashioned, constantly lost in deja-vu
- Shines brightly in sunlight, gets morose in darkness
- Gets more lively and slightly taller closer to full moon
- Forked tongue and slit pupils
- Animal ears, similar animals are never afraid of the elf
- Looks like a child, but has adult voice
- Clothes, eyes, hair, and anything they pick up has the same color hue
- Voice is a whisper that can be heard within shouting range
- Art the elf makes seems to move from the corner of the eye
- Anyone looking at the elf thinks they look kind of like a relative
- Roll twice
Alignment is an optional choice, because its not just an outline for behavior. In a land where the reign of a king determines the vitality of their kingdom, conviction has real implications.
Law supports the divine right of the Good King to rule the land, supported by the One True Church. Law says that an oath cannot be broken, fealty cannot be ignored, and order brings peace and safety.
(Knights, Lords, loyalists, Clergy)
Neutral respects their ancestors, the spirits of nature, and the fickle pagan gods. Neutral can believe in a lot of things but overall believes mortals are but a small part of a bigger world.
(Druids, berserkers, witches, wildmen)
Chaos just wants to watch the world burn. Chaos flouts the rightful rulers, spits on just laws, and take what they want from those that need it.
(Reavers, cultists, demon-worshippers)
Ability Scores: roll 2d10, Roll 6 times and arrange.
2-12 No bonus
13-15 +1 bonus
16-17 +2 bonus
18-20 +3 bonus
Defense: d20 plus Reflex bonus (from class and Agility bonus), plus any shield and helmet bonus.
Armor: Fortitude bonus + any armor bonus, and subtracts from damage you take on every hit.
One-handed 1d8 damage
Two-handed 1d12 damage
Uses Strength bonus for attack and damage
One-handed 1d6 damage
Two-handed 1d10 damage
Uses Agility bonus for attack and damage
Swords count as Power and Finesse weapons, whichever is most beneficial to the user. They do damage as Power weapons.